Monday, November 21, 2005

Poison




Ok, I know that Poison is mainly an 80's and early 90's glam-rock band, however, they are one of my favorite 80's bands and they still kick ass. The reason I am writing about them is because I am going to see them on Tuesday night. Bret Michaels, the lead singer, is the only original member still in it, but it should still be awesome. They are playing in Hershey, PA at a club my friend works at. We are going to be able to get in early, and if I am lucky, we'll be able to meet the lead singer. That would be absolutely insane. I already know what I would say to him.

When I was about 6, my cousin gave me one of their singles. It had 4 songs on it: Strange Days of Uncle Jack, Valley of Lost Souls, Swampjuice, and Unskinny Bop. It was the first real rock I had ever listened to. Unskinny Bop became my favorite song, and it still is to this day. So I would let him know that his band is the reason that I love to listen to rock. So hopefully I can tell him this.

Their music was some of the best metal out at their time. They had incredible concerts and sold out huge venues. They were insane. Yes, they wore make-up which is weird, but they were still kick ass. They were even compared to Metallica in Billboard magazine. They are just a feel good band and when you listen to their songs they make you want to rock out. I wish I could have been old enough to go to their shows when they were one of the top bands out there. Seeing them with just Bret Michaels will have to do, and it will still be amazing. I'll let you all know how it is after I get back to school from Thanksgiving.

They have a TON of great songs, but there are definitely a few that are my favorite. Here they are:

Unskinny Bop
Valley of Lost Souls
Every Rose Has Its Thorns
Life Goes On
Talk Dirty to Me
Something to Believe In

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home