Sunday, October 02, 2005

Story of the Year


I'm back again with another band to introduce you to, Story of the Year. Many of you are probably familiar with their hit song, Until the Day I Die, which came out 2 years ago. You may be wondering why I am talking about a band that hasn't had a new hit song in a year. The reason is they are coming out with their second album, In the Wake of Determination. I'm highly anticipating its October 11th release date. Their first single from the album, We Don't Care Anymore, is available for download and can also be heard on their website. The song is really good and if it's like any of the other songs on the CD, it should be awesome.

I first started listening to Story of the Year my sophmore year. I heard Until the Day I Die and was immediately hooked. They have a really good mix of heavy rock and some more chill songs on the CD. The band is made up of 5 members:

Dan Marsala - Vocals
Philip Sneed - Guitar/Vocals
Josh Wills - Drums
Ryan Phillips - Guitar
Adam Russell - Bass

I'll give you a heads up, some of the songs on their first CD, which is self-titled, are definitely a little bit heavy, slightly heavier than some of the Funeral For a Friend songs you may have downloaded from my previous post on them. They balance out their heaviness with some slower songs like, Sidewalks and Razorblades. The main reason I like these guys is their overall sound. It's a very full, melodic sound, especially during the choruses. I have yet to see them live, but hopefully I will see them soon. They are currently on tour with Funeral For a Friend, so if I could see that show it would be great. Unfortunately all the shows they are playing in in the area are currently sold out.

Well, I hope you check out some of their songs that I suggest and let me know what you think. Since they only have once CD out, I'll post all of the songs on it and I'll put a star next to my favorite ones.

New Song: "We Don't Care Anymore"

Self-Titled CD:


1. And The Hero Will Drown
2. Until The Day I Die*
3. Anthem Of Our Dying Day*
4. In The Shadows*
5. Dive Right In
6. Swallow The Knife
7. Burning Years
8. Page Avenue*
9. Sidewalks*
10. Divide And Conquer
11. Razorblades*
12. Falling Down

1 Comments:

Blogger Savs said...

Ahipple, I'm gonna check out Thrice. I actually tried to download their cd the other day but it didnt work. Im working on it tho.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home