Thursday, September 15, 2005

Ah, back again for my second introductory post. This time I'm going to specifically talk about my favorite band, 311. I first started listening to 311 freshman year of highschool. I had just started playing guitar and I really enjoyed playing their music. I've been listening to them ever since. So far I have been to 4 of their concerts, including the show they had here, at the Bob and most recently, this summer. They put on one of the most amazing live shows I've ever seen. Their sound is perfect and is exactly the same as the album. I encourage everyone to try to see them at least once.

As far as their music goes, you may be familiar with such songs as, Amber, Down, Transistor, Love Song, and most recently, Don't Tread On Me. Their style of music has a touch of reggae, rock and rap all mixed into one. The band originates from Omaha, Nebraska and started over 10 years ago. Nick Hexum is the lead singer, accompanied my S.A. Martinez who sings most of the rap and spins beats on the turntables. Peanut rocks out on the bass guitar and has the incredible ability to play amazingly fast. Tim Mahoney play lead guitar and really makes the band's sound with his reggae riffs. Chad Sexton plays drums and is absolutely incredible at them. His drum solos at concerts are rediculous.

Overall the band is jsut amazing. They have to be considering they have been coming out with hit songs for over 10 years. I'd like to leave you with a few of my favorite songs that you can download. Enjoy.

Don't Tread On Me
Beautiful Disaster
Do You Right
I'll Be Here Awhile
Don't Go Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home