Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Alter Bridge


Here's a band I'm sure most of you haven't heard of before, Alter Bridge. The band is basically Creed without their lead singer, Scott Stapp. The evolution of Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips and Brian Marshall as artists is marked with the debut of Alter Bridge. After selling 30 million albums worldwide, Creed has called it quits and its members have chosen to pursue new creative directions. Over three albums, Creed achieved countless industry accolades, had two # 1 albums, and played to millions of fans around the world. Guitarist/ songwriter Mark Tremonti states, “After all Creed achieved professionally, I felt that I needed to refocus on the goals that I had personally. One of those goals was to get back to my rock and roll roots. They picked up Myles Kennedy, original lead singer of Mayfield Four as their new lead singer.

The reason I like the band so much is mainly because of the guitarist Mark Tremonti. I never liked Creed, but I did always like Tremonti's guitar style. In Alter Bridge, he really lets his rock roots out and just has some amazing riffs in some songs. The songs in general are very melodic and the singer's voice helps that. They do still sound a little bit like Creed, but they are definitely more on the rock side. They are definitely a really good band and hopefully you'll enjoy listening to them as much as me.

If you go to their website, you can listen to songs and watch some music videos.

Songs to download:

One Day Remains
Open Your Eyes (This is their big single you might have heard)
Metalingus
In Loving Memory
Down to My Last

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home